Following the latest government recommendations regarding Coronavirus / Covid-19 we have taken the decision to delay our opening of Crofton for the summer season 2020 which was intended for Saturday 4 April.
We anticipate that Crofton will be closed to the public until at least the end of April, which means our Easter Steaming Weekend is cancelled together with other planned events both on and off-site.
On 17th March the decision was made to suspend Kennet & Avon Canal Trust activities as soon as practicable. This includes all boat operations, not opening Crofton as planned, closing the museum and cancelling all Trust meetings (other than online). We don’t know exactly how long this will need to last but we are assuming it will be at least until the end of April. We will review the situation again in late April.
For more information, please see the Trust’s website www.katrust.org.uk. If you are a Crofton / KA Trust volunteer, please also see the following message to volunteers https://katrust.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Message-to-Volunteers-on-17-March-2020.pdf