Update: 23 July 2021
We are following Government guidance for visitor attractions. We are open on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays.
The Engineman’s Rest Café remains closed.
- Our Pay and Display car park will be open for visitors during site opening hours
- The car park gates will be locked 30 minutes after the site closes.
- Parking charges apply: 0-2 hrs – £1 | All Day – £2.50
- Our parking machine is regularly cleaned with Jangro surface sanitiser .
- Our toilet facilities (which include 1 disabled and baby changing cubicle) are for the use of visitors to the station and grounds only.
- The visitor toilets are open during site opening times only.
- We have increased our cleaning schedules of these facilities
- Visitors will see that some cubicles will be closed with clear OPEN or CLOSED signage to assist social distancing.
Access to the site is via the front gate located opposite the pay and display car park. There is no access between the site and the canal towpath. Visitors wishing to visit from the canal can do so from Sam Farmer Lock (No. 58) and follow the main road east to Crofton. Similarly visitors wishing to access the canal must use the same route.
- site entrance
- site exit
- visitor toilet entrance/exit
- station entrance
- payment desk
- station exit
These stations are checked regularly by a member of staff and hand sanitiser is replenished when necessary.
Yellow distancing queue lines are marked outside the station entrance as well as the visitor toilets and site entrance. Visitors will see signage around the site reminding everyone to follow the government guidance.
Volunteers and staff will continue to wear face coverings inside the station. We encourage visitors to wear a face covering inside the station (unless exempt).
We have installed a clear Perspex screen on our payment desk in the station to protect our staff and visitors.
Handrails and other surfaces around the station are protected by long-life Zoono surface sanitiser, and cleaned using Jangro germicidal cleaner at the end of each day. This is to keep visitors, volunteers and staff safe. Pens and the card machine are cleaned after each use.
We are operating a free flow system to the station for visitors to take a self-guided tour of the Engine House. The visitor route is one-way to maintain social distancing.
We will have an appointed member of staff who will be responsible for contacting the emergency services if an incident should occur
Visitors with accessibility needs, please see our accessibility statement.
Test and Trace
We are taking part in the NHS Test and Trace scheme. QR codes are displayed at the site entrance and around the site, and we encourage you to scan these with the NHS Covid app.